Super Rachel Zana's Spot

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Cold Mornings

I love it when the sun shines in the day but the temperatures are cool, and at night the air turns almost cold. In the afternoons I sit outside, my feet soaking up the bright sun that reflects off the brick on our patio, as my daughter pushes around buckets of creeping jenny weeds around in her wagon. (I pull the weeds out; she collects them as if they were treasures smushed into her ice cream pails, and totes them around, selling them to invisible flower shops). In the evening I put on my favorite sweater and warm socks because the floor develops a chill.

But the best time of all is early in the morning, when my daughter wakes up and summons me into her room. "The sun is shining, Mama. Time to get up!" I shuffle into the kitchen, pour milk into her sippy cup, and we hop into my bed with a big bag of library books and read, read, read under the warm blankets until it's really time to get out of bed. Today our literature selections included books about cats, skunk puppets, alphabet blocks, and planting sunflower seeds. What a fun way to start the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home