Super Rachel Zana's Spot

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

My husband has been bothering me for about a year to get a bike helmet. Not only does he feel it is necessary to be safe, even on the residential streets you might meet me riding my bike, but he is adamant that we set a good example for our children. And I will concede to the fact that I have been feeling guilty because Sarah keeps asking why I don't have a bike hat of my own every time we go for a bike ride. She asks and asks and asks and asks. It would probably just be easier to get a bike hat and wear it than fend off her persisent questions.

This afternoon my husband burst in the door and promptly held a secretive conference in the kitchen while I was folding the laundry. Within a couple of minutes, my daughter came tottering in carrying a brand new, purple bike helmet. It looks rather suave, almost too cool for me to wear, but I guess if you are going to wear a bike helmet, it might as well be a suave one. She was terribly excited, and my husband had a wonderful time figeting with all the straps and contraptions on the inside of the hat to get it to fit perfectly.

From now on, if you see a slow, pregnant bike rider in a perfectly fitting purple bike hat cruising the streets, beware.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Sara said...

That was thoughtful of Greg to give you a helmet and one with a great color. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. You write such thoughtful posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home