Super Rachel Zana's Spot

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Library Card Collection

Some people collect baseball cards, postage stamps, or coins. I am here to advocate a more obscure collection: library cards. A library card collection doesn't take up much space, and like a library, it is just so friendly. I happen to keep my own library collection in a plain little white envelope inside my cedar chest, where it is protected from moths, chemicals, and peanut butter covered fingers. It all started when I was unable to throw my college library card away. Cracked, worn around the edges, it had been through so many literary adventures with me that I just couldn't get rid of it. And I soon discovered that we'd be moving all over the place for the next few years, so I decided to start a collection of used and well loved library cards. So far I have the following library cards in my collection:

1. Jamestown College Raugust Library
2. Alfred Dickey Public Library
3. Valley City Public Library
4. Valley City State University Library (they had a wonderful curriculum library)
5. Grand Forks Public LIbrary
6. UND Chester Fritz Library
7. Northwood Public School Library
8. Mapleton Elementary School Library
9. Bismarck Public Library
10. North Dakota State Library

And, of course, my current library card. I don't house the current library card in the collection. We keep it in our library book bag, which Sarah and I haul to the library about every other day. The best thing about my current library is that there is no limit on the number of books checked out on your library card! Last Friday I checked out a book on interior design, 5 novels, 12 children's picture books and a CD. We make our next trip to the library tomorrow morning. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Impressive collection, Rachel. I hold only a few.
Grand Forks Public Library
University of North Dakota Chester Fritz Library
Ames Public Library
Ankeny Public Library

I need a collection. At this point in my life, you'd think I would have found my collection niche, but alas, no. What should I collect?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home